Thursday, July 23, 2026

Poppy Topper

Mornin' y'all!  I took Ryan to camp already and now I am looking up recipes for apple coffee cake for Sunday breakfast because I have a bag of apples in the pantry.  And also I love coffee cakes.

Today's card has neither apples nor cakes, it's another California poppy:


I hadn't made a tent topper card in aaaaaaaages and oddly enough, I had been thinking about making one for the past few weeks but never got around to it.  Jen M. at Freshly Made Sketches was on the same wavelength because the sketch this week is a tent topper:


And I paired that with the Creative Colour Challenge for this week:


I did another California poppy card with a very similar color combination a few months ago, but in the immortal words of Cogsworth, "If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!"  This time I went bold with a die cut poppy from the Poppy Moments dies.  At first I tried it without the Gray Granite circle behind it:


I had even stuck it all down and thought I was done but then I decided to add the scalloped circle so I burned through a lot of Dimensionals on this card.  Then I had some trouble getting a good picture of it and Daphne tried to help:


Yes, very helpful, Daph.  Anyway, I had a scrap of Timid Tiger DSP that was just the right size for my poppy, and for the leaves I cut both layers out of Lost Lagoon cardstock but colored the outline piece with a Blend to give a darker shade of the color.  Then I used some ribbon from when Lost Lagoon was an In Color to tie the whole thing together.  Snerk.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beautiful Day
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Lost Lagoon Blend
Paper:  Timid Tiger, Gray Granite, Lost Lagoon, Basic Black, Timid Tiger & Gray Granite DSP
Accessories:  Poppy Moments dies, Layering Circles dies, Lost Lagoon ribbon, Dimensionals

And one more pic of Miss Daphne:


I don't know how that could possibly be comfortable but she seemed to like it.  My friend Krissy says that Daphne and her doggo Winslow must have bones made of gummy worms.  As long as those are the only worms that Daphne has, ha!

No comments: