Mornin' y'all, how's your Thursday going? Ryan is currently "singing", by which I mean he's making all kinds of sustained random noises while also eating breakfast and theoretically reading a book. Kids.
Anyway, apparently I am stuck on a theme lately and that is the long-retired Hues of Happiness DSP with big word dies because here's another one:
It was the first thing to pop in my head when I saw this week's Freshly Made Sketch and since I already had more of the flowers cut out...
Anyway, apparently I am stuck on a theme lately and that is the long-retired Hues of Happiness DSP with big word dies because here's another one:
It was the first thing to pop in my head when I saw this week's Freshly Made Sketch and since I already had more of the flowers cut out...
And Shopping Our Stash wants us to focus on a word so out came my Sending Smiles bundle again because it worked so well for Monday's cards. And I used the tic-tac-toe challenge from Retro Rubber:
I already had flowers on the brain so I knew I was going to start there, so I decided to go along the right side with die cut (my greeting) - butterfly (brass butterfly embellishments) - flowers (fussy cut from DSP). Sending Smiles is four years old and I thought it was older than that? The current Words of Beauty is a bit similar in that it has a big bold "just because" but I don't think the "because" fits on a vertically oriented card. Anyway, I really have a ridiculous amount of DSP in my stash and I am officially out of space for more paper but I also want to buy like five new packs of what's on preorder right now because I am a paper dragon, so this card is good to use a bit more of the gorgeous Hues of Happiness DSP. I just need to make approximately six thousand more cards before I order more DSP. Seems doable.
Okay, I've got to take Daphne for a walk before it gets too stinkin' hot and then I need to run to the grocery store, and this afternoon we have Meet the Teacher at Ryan's school so I'd better get moving if I want any craft time. Cheers!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Sending Smiles
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green
Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Basic White, Hues of Happiness DSP
Accessories: Sending dies, Mini Dimensionals, Brushed Brass Butterflies
I already had flowers on the brain so I knew I was going to start there, so I decided to go along the right side with die cut (my greeting) - butterfly (brass butterfly embellishments) - flowers (fussy cut from DSP). Sending Smiles is four years old and I thought it was older than that? The current Words of Beauty is a bit similar in that it has a big bold "just because" but I don't think the "because" fits on a vertically oriented card. Anyway, I really have a ridiculous amount of DSP in my stash and I am officially out of space for more paper but I also want to buy like five new packs of what's on preorder right now because I am a paper dragon, so this card is good to use a bit more of the gorgeous Hues of Happiness DSP. I just need to make approximately six thousand more cards before I order more DSP. Seems doable.
Okay, I've got to take Daphne for a walk before it gets too stinkin' hot and then I need to run to the grocery store, and this afternoon we have Meet the Teacher at Ryan's school so I'd better get moving if I want any craft time. Cheers!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Sending Smiles
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green
Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Basic White, Hues of Happiness DSP
Accessories: Sending dies, Mini Dimensionals, Brushed Brass Butterflies


3 comments:
Another cute, Christy, and I'm sailing in the same boat on the DSP, sigh. I keep finding little stashes of carefully hoarded stuff! I'm enjoying this series, because I was a late-arriver to this suite, and I love seeing fresh takes with it! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!
My favourite floral paper again, which is a good thing. This card is so beautiful and really showcases the background and floral arrangement of the cards.
Such a great card with that lovely sentiment! Hues of Happiness was one of my favorites...I think I used it all. LOL on your "ridiculous amount of DSP"! I'm right there with you! DSP Hoarders Unite! I have at least five packs in my cart and a sale is coming!
Post a Comment