Tuesday, July 28, 2026

More Is Better

Mornin' y'all, and I am dragging today.  I woke up around 3am and couldn't get back to sleep for a long time and then Daphne decided she wanted to go outside at 5:30, not long after I had finally gotten back to sleep.  Argh!  I may have to take a nap today before my doctor's appointment...which is about the extreme fatigue I've had all summer.  I will be playing the part of Exhibit A.

I actually had a pretty good day energy-wise yesterday and apparently I was in the mood for fussy cutting and making more cards with All The Things piled on, like my kitchen sink card from last week.  I got out the Hues of Happiness DSP again (I had been a good little housekeeper and put it away after I made the card last week) and made these two cards:


I still have a bunch more pieces that I cut out yesterday and haven't used yet, but all these cutouts seemed like a great way to use the new Atlantic Hearts sketch:


And I didn't shy away from using the busier patterns for the background in my cards, either.  The one on the left fits in with the As You See It Challenge again too:


I love how the design team cards are all mostly yellow, maybe a bit of green, and my cards are every color all at once but also there's still multiple shades of yellow on there (the cut-out flowers are Daffodil Delight and so is the main part of the greeting, but the sparkle dots are Darling Duckling so that counts as multiple shades).  Guess my brain is a riot of color right now?  Hues of Happiness retired probably like five or six years ago (I know I was in Germany when it came out) but it's gorgeous and I enjoyed using it for these challenges.  And I still have a lot of it left.

Ryan isn't up yet, but Daphne continues to make an absolute pest of herself wanting to go for a walk, so I think I'll go ahead and take her before it gets too warm outside.  Cheers, y'all, and wish me luck at my appointment this afternoon, it's causing me some anxiety.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sending Smiles
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White, Hues of Happiness DSP
Accessories:  Sending Smiles dies, Mini Dimensionals, Low Profile Sparkle Dots

No comments: