Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Have a Sprite (Or Two)

Mornin' y'all!  I actually got in my craft room yesterday, finally wrote out this week's cards (usually I send them out on Monday so I was running late this week), and then I got to make something, woohoo!  I am looking forward to Ryan having a longer camp next week, this week I have about an hour and a half at the house between when I drop him off and when I go pick him up, and sometimes it's hard to get things done when the day is broken up like that.  But I shall persevere!

In the meantime, here's my card:

Heyyy I used an image from Summer Happiness that is NOT the sunglasses, or the sun!  Yay!  After I made this card, I did wonder if I should have used more Lemon Lime Twist, so then I made this one:


What do you think, the Coastal Cabana DSP or Lemon Lime Twist?  Either way, this layout was great for using up some smaller scraps of DSP, and a couple of long skinny scraps of Basic Black cardstock so that's a win.  I used the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches:


The images in Summer Happiness are the perfect size for this sketch in my opinion, so maybe I'll go back and make a few more cards.  I haven't used the cherries yet.  For today's duo, I love the color combination from TGIF Challenges:


I really want to make a black card with bright pops of the other two colors now.  Maybe I'll have time to get that done after I take Daphne for her walk and before I drop Ryan off at horse camp.

Aww man, I'm out of tea, so no matter what I have to get up now.  Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Summer Happiness, Cutest Crew
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Coastal Cabana marker, Pool Party & Lemon Lime Twist Blends
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Coastal Cabana or LLT DSP
Accessories:  Summer Happiness dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Shimmering Dots

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great take on the sketch - those bottles are fun! I prefer the first card - I think you can have too much of a good thing and that includes Lemon Lime Twist lol!

Amanda Mertz said...

Super cute cards Christy! Love the refreshing color palette and the black banner which pops! Thanks for sharing at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Suzanne said...

You used this sketch well with your fun card. I like both color schemes but the extra lemon lime twist really pops. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Colours and Sketches.