Friday, September 25, 2026

Hello Fall

Afternoon, y'all!  I just had to come back this afternoon with another fall card because I am enjoying the beginnings of fall weather here.


I mixed and matched three stamp sets for this card and I have three challenges as well.  Let's start with the new Festive Friday challenge:


I have green, brown, woodgrain, and distressed technique for my card.  And this challenge works pretty nicely with the Retro Rubber Challenge:


I told you I was coming back with a fall card for this one!  This time I did a diagonal with die cuts - leaves - distressed edges.  I actually die cut the woodgrain panel with the Deckled Rectangles dies but then hit it with an old distressing tool that SU! had once upon a time, and then I added more ink around the edges.  This is the first time I've inked up Truly Grateful (the woodgrain) because it's a recent acquisition, but Gorgeous Leaves is five years old and For All Things (the greeting) is now twelve years old, so extra retro.  I love revisiting old favorites : )

And last up is Time Out Challenges:


I've been taking pictures during my daily walks with Daphne for daaayyysss thinking about this challenge and here's one from this morning:


We had to detour around a flock of Canada geese.  Mostly the grass is still green, though in other places I see a lot of yellow and dark orange on the grass specifically, so that dictated my color choices of Old Olive, Crushed Curry, and Cajun Craze.  I inked up the leaves with Crushed Curry and then applied a bit of Cajun Craze ink with a sponge before I stamped, which came out pretty subtle but I like it.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gorgeous Leaves, Truly Grateful, For All Things
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Pecan Pie
Paper:  Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Sweet Days of Autumn DSP
Accessories:  Intricate Leaves dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, Hello Honey ribbon (which is pretty much the same color as Crushed Curry), Earthy Matte Dot, Dimensionals

Speaking of Daphne...


I took her picture because I thought her teefers were so cute but then I saw what her ball says and it made me laugh.  She's a happy Bark Box subscriber and she just got a bear toy today (among other things), so even Daphne is celebrating Fat Bear Week.  Cheers!

No comments: