Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Mermaid Experiment

Hey y'all!  As fate would have it, I have another watercolor card today, but this time I thought I'd try an experiment.


I stamped the mermaid with Versamark and heat set with clear embossing powder, then watercolored her.  I had to do some "sea" around her or else you wouldn't be able to see the outline.  I dunno, I think it's kind of a cool effect.  Wish I'd had a bit more time to fine-tune the watercoloring, but the kiddo woke up and INSISTED that he needed out of his crib RIGHT NOW so I was working as fast as I could.  That's also why the photo angle is a bit wonky--it was late afternoon and I was trying to get a halfway decent photo of a card that refuses to lie flat.

So, two challenges for today.  First off is the alternate version of the Fall-To Layout:


And second is the color challenge from Global Design Project:


I added some Blushing Bride for the mermaid's skin, and just a smidgen of Lemon Lime Twist for the seaweed in her hair.  The Lovely Lipstick hair reminds me of Ariel in The Little Mermaid.

That's it for me today, peeps.  And how is it August already?  But you know what that means...as soon as September 1 arrives, I will make ALL THE PUMPKIN THINGS.  Oh yeah, I can't wait to make some iced pumpkin coffee cake!  Highly recommend that recipe.  It might be my very favorite pumpkin recipe, and I loves me some pumpkin.  But for now, it's still hot, humid, and swampy.  C'mon FALL!

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Magical Mermaid
Ink:  Versamark, Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, Lovely Lipstick, Blushing Bride, Lemon Lime Twist
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Night of Navy
Accessories:  Clear EP

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

Very interesting! LOVE mermaids. Great colors.

Natasha said...

So fun! Love the mermaid! Thanks for playing along this week!