Happy Sunday, y'all! I hope you enjoyed Joanne's candle-centric challenge last week, and that you are ready for a new Paper Players challenge today! LeAnne has some fun seasonal colors for us:
Since I was busy making what felt like eleventy-billion cookies last week, I didn't get my card done until late in the week and that was after I had already made three or four different ones in my head before I finally got up to the warcraft room to make one for real life. I had initially been planning to use watercolor paper and do something like I used on a few cards here, but this is what actually happened:
I borrowed a page from Jaydee's book and went to town with my dies. I had used the pumpkin stamps and the stencils in the Painted Pumpkins bundle, but I had not yet used the pumpkin dies that don't go with a stamp and I saw the gate and fence dies and my Nancy Drew-obsessed brain said RED GATE FARM because #6 is The Secret of Red Gate Farm and then I *had* to make a red gate. I was planning to use both the pumpkins and some die-cut sunflowers, but in the end I went pumpkins only and used the Sunflower Fields DSP in some neutral browns to ground my scene, and my greeting is from Radiant Sunflowers.
This went out with a package to my pal Krissy yesterday...I had gotten some fall decor and showed her pictures and she really liked what I got so then I had to get her the same things because she needs some postal sunshine right now. I told her I got her one little figurine that's got a doggo with a pumpkin and a sunflower, but I had a real "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" moment and ended up getting her like six different things so that will be a surprise for her.
Check out the other design team creations on the Paper Players blog, and you can hop through their individual blogs to leave some comments too:
The Paper Players Design Team
And then upload your card at the Paper Players blog! Keep in mind a few simple rules:
1. Create a new paper project
2. Upload your creation to your blog with a link back to us and provide a direct link to the post featuring your challenge submission
3. Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL
4. Have fun!
Supplies, all SU!
Stamps: Radiant Sunflowers
Ink: Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red
Paper: Early Espresso, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla, Sunflower Fields DSP
Accessories: Painted Pumpkins dies, Perennial Postage dies, Dimensional for the tiny pumpkin

7 comments:
I love your nod to Nancy Drew, Christy! This little gate scene is just as sweet as it can be! I wish I had a red gate like this!
I love the red picket fence instead of white and it's the perfect backdrop to your wonderful pumpkins. Such a fun scene, Christy.
Hugs
jaydee
Ah, the gap between what's in our head and what's in our life! I like the take on a red picket fence too. You make me think of the two Nancy Drew books I had as a child - I don't remember the titles but I remember enjoying them. This is such a testament to autumn - it's warm, rich and fun. :-)
I love your thought process on this card Christy and the red fence and gate is a great way to change this up! Love those pumpkins and their trailing vines too. Full-on fall vibes for sure!
That red gate is so cool, and perfect for your sweet autumn card. Thanks for visiting my blog. Blessings!
Oh my gosh...I am swooning over the red gate!. What a bold statement it makes! It pairs perfectly with the pumpkins. The designer paper you used adds the right subtle touch. You have inspired me to create some colorful gates. Have a wonderful weekend!
Christy, using the red gate was brilliant! It's a great backdrop for the pretty pumpkins and just makes the card resoundingly say "FALL"! Fantastic!
Post a Comment