Tuesday, September 3, 2019

SUO Challenges: Summer Colors

Happy Tuesday, y'all!  I had intended to post a scrapbook layout yesterday, but I just didn't get around to it.  The hubs and I took the small child out to Asheville over the weekend and spent most of Sunday driving back, after which I was just so wiped out.  So here we are and it's time for another SUO Challenge!




And this time it's a color combination!  Check it out:


I think this is the last hurrah for summery colors and now that it's September, I can officially dive in to all things fall (which is my favorite season!) even though it's still eleventy billion degrees outside.  So one last summer butterfly:


It was after dark when I took this picture so it's not great, sorry.  I used Pool Party as my base and the other bright colors are used in small, measured doses on the image panel ;) I used sponge daubers to apply Mango Melody and Lovely Lipstick on a scrap of white cardstock, then stamped the butterfly in black and punched it out.  A couple of Granny Apple Green leaves courtesy of the Tropical dies, and boom!  All challenge colors accounted for.  The white square is a bit crooked on the card base, but I'm going to call that handmade charm ;)

Mosey on over to the SUO Challenges blog and link up your own summer color creation.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Gala, A Big Thank You
Ink:  Pool Party, Mango Melody, Lovely Lipstick, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Pool Party, Granny Apple Green, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Butterfly Duet punch, Tropical dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals

No comments: