Monday, September 23, 2019

Dollywood

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Since I took pictures of a giant stack o' layouts recently, I have 76 draft posts of scrapbook pages saved up...and today I'm sharing a layout that has been a draft post since October of 2013.  What's even funnier is that the layouts I'm sharing today were started kinda close to when we took the pictures (2004) and then I didn't finish them for years and years because I kinda took a scrapping hiatus when I first started stamping.  Without further ado, here are two layouts from Dollywood:


So wow, my scrapbooking style has changed since I started using mostly Stampin' Up! products.  I have no idea who the paper manufacturers were for this, or who made the butterfly die cuts.  I do know that the bright pattern is really much brighter and in-your-face than it looks here, because I put clear vellum over it to tone it down some.


Here is the other Dollywood layout; I think I had this one pretty much finished in 2004 and it was the other layout that languished forever.  And that Dollywood die cut should have been inked a lot darker, it looks a bit lost on the patterned paper/vellum.  I'd like to think I've improved my style since I made these pages!

Here's hoping this week goes a bit better than last week.  We started last week with Ryan having pinkeye (albeit a minor case that cleared up quickly) and then on Friday he apparently decided to play with fire ants at the Y.  He reacts rather severely to fire ant bites, and he has about a dozen on his left hand, so Friday and Saturday were tough days.  Yesterday though he said his hand felt a lot better (and the swelling had gone down a lot) and he ran around like his normal energetic self.  Hope this week is less drama!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies:
Dude, these layouts are so old, I ain't even gonna try.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

haha! I love your comment under the supplies. :)