Friday, September 13, 2019

Happy Sunflower Hello

Happy Friday, y'all!  Hope you've had a good week.

Today I'm doing a bit of a flashback...I found a color challenge I liked, and it reminded me of a long-retired stamp set, so I inked it up for the first time in a long time and made this:


A Flower for All Seasons has four stamps in it, one for each season, and they're all really cute (the other flowers are tulips, poinsettias, and daisies).  Here is the color challenge that made me think of this stamp set:


I used Call Me Clover (leaves and stems), Shaded Spruce (flower pot and card base), Crushed Curry (flower petals), Mango Melody (sentiment), Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip (flower centers).  Hopefully the Sunday Stamps team will forgive me for the wee bit of Real Red, but I just *had* to use it for the ladybug.  After I watercolored the image, I held it up against each coordinating color of cardstock and the Shaded Spruce just made me the happiest.  Well, green is my favorite color so yeah it makes me happy :)

I also used this week's CAS(E) This Sketch:


I kept my card suuuuuper CAS with lots of white (green) space, but I still followed the sketch.  I love sketchy challenges.

Got any fun weekend plans?  I thought it was getting a little cooler here, but nope, we were back up in the 90s yesterday.  So why does my kid insist on wearing PANTS instead of SHORTS?  Weirdo!

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  A Flower for All Seasons, All-Year Cheer I
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Call Me Clover, Shaded Spruce, Crushed Curry, Mango Melody, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Heather said...

So cute, Christy - that little stamp is perfect in our colors, and adorable to boot! Love the greens you went with! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Michelle said...

I just gave this set away for a charity fundraiser. So sad, as I love your card!!!

Annette Elliott said...

I love your clean and simple card- it really is so darn cute! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks color challenge at Sunday Stamps!