Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Best Rococo Rose

Hey y'all, how's it going?  So far this week is starting off well, much better than last week :)  So here's a cute card for today:


Ahh, I hate it when I don't take pictures of my cards until late in the afternoon and then the colors look a little wonky in the photo.  This looks nicer IRL so I may have to take the picture again.  Anyway, I started with the Global Design Project challenge:


I wanted to use the same-ish colors as the picture, so I went with Sahara Sand for the card base, Rococo Rose, Soft Sea Foam, and Balmy Blue.  I also did a similar idea for the layout, with die-cut shapes over a cardstock strip, but I used the sketch from the Paper Players:


Uh, tall & skinny cards are the same as short & fat cards, right? ;) I turned the sketch 90 degrees to the left because I wanted to be able to put my sentiment on the cardstock strip.  I should have used a darker green for the leaf stamp because the stamp just blends into the watercolor because Soft Sea Foam is so pale, but at least you can see the detail on the rose.  For both pieces, I inked up my stamp with Versamark and then the ink color, stamped, and quickly set with clear powder.  And that's how you get stamped outlines in any color that don't run when you watercolor.

Okay y'all, have a great day.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  To A Wild Rose, First Frost
Ink:  Rococo Rose, Soft Sea Foam, Soft Suede, Versamark
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Soft Sea Foam, Shimmery White, Balmy Breeze DSP
Accessories:  Wild Rose dies, Dimensionals, Clear EP

4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that bold and colourful bloom Christy - the patterned paper makes a great background too. I love that it is turned through 90 degrees too. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful card, Christy! The single bloom makes a bold and powerful focal point, especially against this background paper. I love that you turned the sketch on it's side. Thank you so much for sharing with The Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love how you turned your tall and skinny card the other way! Your background paper is perfect to make this beautiful flower pop! SO happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Brian King said...

Gorgeous simplicity, Christy! Such a great combination of these challenges. This is one of the most beautiful flowers! Love it!