Friday, September 20, 2019

Copper Boom

Yay Friday!  How's your day going so far?  I'm excited that the temperature actually dropped a bit this week.  I swan (my great-grandmother used to say that instead of "I swear") that 74 degrees feels positively autumnal after so many days of 90+ degrees and ridiculous humidity.  More fall please!

So how about a very quick fall card today?


I had the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge in my mind as I was rifling through my stamp sets and Gather Together seemed perfect for it (though I almost made another Halloween card instead).


What made up my mind for me was the Paper Players challenge to use metallics:


So once I saw the big leaf in Gather Together, this card idea popped into my head and seriously, if my husband hadn't gotten home right after I started making it, I would have been done in probably about five minutes.  I used copper embossing powder (I still have my old jar of EP from the *first* time SU! had copper powder!) on Pretty Peacock cardstock, then added a sentiment stamped in Rich Razzleberry on a scrap of Very Vanilla, and boom, card done.  (If you're confused about the title of this blog post, "copper boom" is a reference to an episode of Gilmore Girls.)

Well, I've got some work to do today for my volunteer gig, then yoga class, and then I get to work on scrapbooks this weekend anytime Ryan is down for his nap.  Still not sure I'll get to my 200-page goal for the year, but I'm going to get as close as I can!

Cheers, y'all!  Have a great weekend.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Gather Together
Ink:  Versamark, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Pretty Peacock, Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Copper EP, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love your copper against the teal background Christy and your simple skeleton leaf fits perfectly with your simple sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Christy, this is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the simplicity of your card Christy! The copper leaf outline looks so beautiful against the blue card stock and the colour you've chosen for your sentiment works brilliantly :)