Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Colorful Fall

Mornin'!  I've been trying to work on some scrapbook pages, but sometimes I have a bit of a creative block so I need to do something else for a bit.  But that means I have a card to share today:


Yeah, I'm going to need more of that Come to Gather DSP, it's all so beautiful (that's where the background pattern is from).  I started with the sketch from Global Design Project:


And paired it with Retro Rubber's color challenge:


I used Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, and Early Espresso for my card, and my stamp set (Colorful Seasons) is two years old.  You can't tell in the picture, but I painted the leaf die cut with Wink of Stella, which is why I had to do it twice--I had stuck down the Cherry Cobbler circle and the leaf and was just starting to paint it when my Wink of Stella pen burped up glitter all over the circle.  I had to peel it all off and re-cut the pieces and redo that whole part, but at least it didn't get on the card base.

Hope you have a great day and that it's feeling like fall where you are.  We're still getting up to 85 in the afternoon here, but it's better than 95 and at least there's a (very slight) downward trend.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Colorful Seasons
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso, Thick Whisper White, Come to Gather DSP
Accessories: Seasonal Layers dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hi Christy: I did a double take on that background paper, it actually looks like fabric!!
Love the simple design with the pop of color from the beautiful leaf, beautifully done.
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Hugs.

creative lady said...

Love your fall card! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

LeAnne said...

This is my favorite piece of this DSP line....it is so versatile! It looks wonderful with the brown leafy panel as well as your pretty diecut leaf! Thanks for playing with the Retro Rubber challenge!