Thursday, September 5, 2019

Heartfelt Hydrangea Sympathy

Hey y'all!  It's been a busy week here.  We live in North Carolina, so we've been preparing for Hurricane Dorian.  We're far enough inland that we don't expect it to be too bad where we are, but when a hurricane is coming you have to prepare for the worst-case scenario, so that's what we've been doing.  I managed to carve out some stamping time yesterday and made this:


I started with the sketch from Fab Friday:


Added the colors from Global Design Project:


And finished with the theme challenge from Inspire. Create:


I like this particular challenge because I hate to make sympathy cards when I actually need to send one, so it's nice to have a couple in my stash.  Usually I stick to blues and greens for sympathy cards because I find those colors soothing and comforting, but I thought the GDP challenge colors would still work for sympathy.

Have a great day, peeps.  At least Ryan and I get to go to the Y this morning like usual...they've already decided to close on Friday morning so there goes my yoga class : /  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beautiful Friendship, Well Said
Ink:  So Saffron, Rococo Rose, Mint Macaron, Soft Suede
Paper:  Rococo Rose, So Saffron, Thick Whisper White, In Color & Subtles DSP
Accessories:  Basics Adhesive Sequins, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Heather said...

So pretty Christy - love the mix of DSPs with the pretty flowers - and great colors! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

stampwithamyk said...

What a beautiful card! Perfect colors, love the clean design. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Amanda Mertz said...

Hope you're staying safe and dry! It's just a bit windy and gray here in Central VA. A perfect day to stay in and stamp. Your card is lovely. I like the soft look of the flowers in the background and the sequins are an nice understated embellishment for a sympathy card. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!