Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Blooming Orchid

Hey, y'all!  Ryan did indeed have a mild case of pinkeye, but the doctor cleared us for our normal activities starting today (I just have to give Ryan eye drops until the end of the week).  I'm SO READY to go back to the gym!  Sadly I won't get to run today because I have to go to a meeting at lunchtime, which means I have to get cleaned up after Pilates and then drop Ryan off at the drop-in daycare for a while.

Anyway!  I made a card yesterday and also finished another scrapbook layout for Ryan's baby book.  I'm going to get that done before he turns three, so #WINNING.


My sentiment is a bit on the nose for the Global Design Project theme challenge:


I loved this color challenge from Just Add Ink:


And I used the sketch from Fusion, rotated 90 degrees:


Their challenge closed last night but that's okay.  Today's card is the maiden voyage for the Woven Threads DSP which I got as part of this month's buy 3, get 1 free special on paper.  I love that sale every year because I'm a paper hoarder.

Have a great day, y'all.  I'm surprised that Ryan has been fairly easy to manage the last couple of days when we couldn't do our regular activities, but he's been a trooper.  He's pretty awesome.

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Varied Vases
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow, Rococo Rose
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, Thick Whisper White, Woven Threads DSP
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched Dies, rhinestones, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Jan said...

This is so pretty Christy! I love how your patterns and white space work together and still give a crisp and clean feel. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Tina said...

Your card is really lovey! That set works so well with CAS cards. My Woven Threads DSP is on it's way to me too, can't wait to play with it. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Michelle said...

Wow, this is fantastic! I love this layout for this set! TFS!