Saturday, November 16, 2019

Maiden Voyage: Inspiring Iris

Ooh look, a Saturday post!  Since I missed a couple of days this week, I thought I'd post today because I didn't want to miss a couple of challenges.  While I was running yesterday, I came up with the idea that turned into this card:


Inspiring Iris is one of the stamp sets I got on the one-day sale in October, and this is its first time to get inked up in my house.  Here's the Freshly Made Sketch I started with:


So my panel with the irises turned out a LOT bigger than I imagined while I was running ;)  My colors today are courtesy of Color Throwdown:


I used Gorgeous Grape (the outline stamp and the greeting), Highland Heather, and Old Olive.  The DSP is from Sale-a-Bration, can't remember if it was this year or last year, but I thought it coordinated with the main image really well.  Fun fact:  the first flowers my husband ever bought for me were irises.  And my phone is named Iris.

Hope you have a great weekend, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Inspiring Iris
Ink:  Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Old Olive
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Highland Heather, Thick Whisper White, Botanical Butterfly DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Nested Labels dies, Noble Peacock Rhinestones, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at!

Amy O said...

This is soft and pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Broni said...

This is so pretty, Christy!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Jen Timko said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty! Love that flower and your soft colors. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!