Wednesday, November 6, 2019

More Mermaids, Please

Hey y'all!  I'm on Day 3 of my new workout/diet regimen and I accidentally loaded the wrong workout and did lower body instead of upper.  It's okay though, I still worked out and so far I'm doing okay on the program.  And this is two days in a row that I haven't needed an alarm to wake up...well, I am frequently awake around 5 a.m. even when I don't want to be.

Yesterday was a tough day with Ryan, who was being extra super spectacularly two (I had to go have a talk with him in the nursery at the Y because he wasn't behaving, then after we got home he spilled chocolate milk all over the couch and then intentionally locked me out of the house), so when naptime arrived I was extra super spectacularly glad to have a break :)  After I set up dinner in the crockpot (which I was then too tired to eat last night), I went in my craft room and made this:


I know I just did a mermaid card recently (and I even mailed that one out yesterday, one day after my friend's birthday, oops) but I had to use that stamp again because of the challenge at Fusion:


Most of the time I jot down challenge information in a little notebook and then take that back to my craft room, and for this one I only wrote down "pastel mermaid" and I thought I remembered a lot of purple so that's what I went with for my card.  This is the first time I've used the mermaid tail upside down :)

I combined that challenge with the Global Design Project sketch:


And I can also enter this at Retro Rubber:


Magical Mermaid is just over two years old; Free As a Bird (the sentiment) was just released this past summer when the new catty came out so it's not retro yet.  I was looking through my stamps for a sentiment that would fit on my card, and I just thought that one was so amusing with the mermaid tail that I had to go for it.  For a bit more retro-ness, I busted out some fancy scissors for my waves!  Dude, I've had those scissors for over twenty years.  Also, you can't tell from the photo because it was so dark out by the time I took it, but I sponged Balmy Blue ink on the background of the mermaid's tail, and then I used Balmy Blue Blends to color in some clear rhinestones.  First time I've ever tried that and I like it :)

Ryan is already awake as I type this, but I refuse to get him up before 7 a.m. just on principle so I'm going to go relax for a half hour.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU! except the scissors
Stamps:  Magical Mermaid, Free As a Bird
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Balmy Blue, Mint Macaron, Stampin' Blends in Highland Heather and Balmy Blue
Paper:  Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Mint Macaron, Thick Whisper White, Tranquil Textures DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, rhinestones, Dimensionals, patterned scissors from Fiskars

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect colors...and I love that swishy mermaid tail! Fun card! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

Brian King said...

How fun! I love the colors you've used on this card - ♥. Thanks for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge!

Tanya said...

okay, I love this one too! What a fun way to use the mermaid, and the DP! This is great!

creative lady said...

Love your card and your take on that sketch! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Claire Grantham said...

OMG I love this, the tail disappearing is just perfection. I also want the Fusion cupcake..for different reasons. Love your colour scheme too. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

LeAnne said...

I am not into mermaids, but I have to admit that you did an awesome job combining all these challenges--your card is as cute as can be! I love that you used your "retro" scissors! I believe I have a few of them I couldn't bear to part with myself!! Glad they came in handy! And so happy you shared it at with us at Retro Rubber!