Monday, November 4, 2019

Seaside Birthday

Okay, so, I typed this blog post up on Sunday night, but hopefully by the time this goes live, I will have been up and moving for two hours.  I've joined Missy's fitness cult (LOL) and today is Day 1 with a new diet plan and early morning exercise because I have been severely unmotivated as of late.  So wish me luck with this.

On to the paper crafting part of today's blog post.  Since I did two scrapbook layouts last week, and I didn't want to miss a couple of challenges, today  I have a card instead of a Scrappy Monday post, and here it is:


So this card kind of just happened.  I had a sketch and color challenge picked out, but nothing was coming to me and I had just about decided to skip the colors when all of a sudden I noticed Seaside Notions and this idea popped into my head.  You'll see that I changed the Freshly Made Sketch to a regular A2 size (I don't like square cards much) and I ended up rotating it 90 degrees to make the sentiment fit better.  And then I decided to use one of the pearlized doilies after I'd stamped the sentiment and it would have been fine if I'd kept it vertical *rolls eyes*  But lemme just say, I am in love with the See a Silhouette DSP.  I got it in the buy 3, get 1 free DSP promo a while back and I have used it on a couple of cards and a scrapbook layout and I'm gonna need more of that.  It's beautiful.

So here's the Freshly Made Sketch I started with:


And here is the Color Throwdown combination that made me think way too hard:


I used Pretty Peacock, Mossy Meadow, Terracotta Tile, and Night of Navy, with a Crumb Cake card base.  There's some sandy speckles stamped on the card base both on top and below the DSP strip, though they don't show up as much as they maybe should on the top part.  Oh well.  This might be my brother's birthday card if I don't make another one in the next day or two...

Cheers y'all!  Hope your week is off to a good start.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Seaside Notions
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock, Mossy Meadow, Terracotta Tile
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White, See A Silhouette DSP
Accessories:  Mini Dimensionals, pearlized doily

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Yep. That is gorgeous DSP for sure! And I love how you used the doily here....works perfectly for your sea scene! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love how you turned the sketch for this design! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! Love the seahorse and shells! The blue panel looks amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Anonymous said...

This card is gorgeous! I love the sea creatures all nestled together and the lovely use of the colors and sketch!