Friday, November 8, 2019

Rustic Cabin

Friday at last!  Hope y'all have had a good week.

I'm still resisting Christmas cards, but I did bust open a pack of Christmasy plaid paper for today's card:


I'm so happy to have more patterned paper with Shaded Spruce, it's such a gorgeous green.  I made my cabin in the woods for the Paper Players theme challenge:


Usually I don't work in my craft room at all if my kid is awake, because he's two and trails chaos everywhere he goes.  But I didn't get this card done during naptime yesterday, so after dinner I wanted to finish it and of course he followed me into the craft room...he spent 10 to 15 minutes chopping up scraps of paper with my guillotine-style paper trimmer.  (Fear not:  he did a really good job of keeping his hands away from the blade even before I said anything.)  He'd whack the handle down and then happily announced "I chop it!"  And now I have some white confetti in my trash can.  (I even convinced him to put it in the trash when he was done chopping.)  Maybe in a couple of years he'll be doing paper crafts with his mama, eh?

Anyway, here's the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


I like that sketch, it's really fun and different.  And finally, here's the color challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


Those are the three main colors from the Let It Snow specialty DSP in the holiday catalog, but my brain is a rebel so I didn't want to use that paper even though I have it.  So I put the focus mainly on Shaded Spruce, and used the other two colors for details--Real Red roof and Coastal Cabana sky.

Anyway, hope you have a great day y'all.  Hubby's job has their Thanksgiving potluck today (I guess they're doing it early so no one who's traveling for Thanksgiving would have to miss it) so I was a busy little bee baking all the things yesterday.  Which I'm not supposed to eat :p  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rustic Retreat
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Shaded Spruce, Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Gray Granite, Soft Suede
Paper:  Gray Granite, Thick Whisper White, Wrapped in Plaid DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, Gold Glitter Enamel Dots

5 comments:

Fiona said...

I don't know how you can resist making Christmas cards - I love to make them any chance I get lol! I love your plaid as the background and a clever take on both of the challenges - thanks for joining us at HSS this week.

Debbie Mageed said...

What a fun appreciation card! And that sentiment can be used for anything at all. Love how you used the challenges to make this seasonal card. Now, your little guy will love crafting with you (till he doesn't) and getting him to clean up his messes is genius! Wish my 22 year daughter would do that! LOL Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope to see you in our gallery again soon.

Stampin by Genny said...

I love your card conveys such a cozy and homey feel. Perfect for your sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Bree Renwick said...

I just broke out my plaid DSP this weekend as well! I love the pattern you chose to go along with the cozy cabin. Thank you for joining us at HSS!

Jenny Engelke said...

Absolutely fantastic, Christy! I love the plaid background with the clean and simpleness of the cabin panel. All very lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!