Friday, November 22, 2019

Mount Fuji New Year

Hey y'all!  I didn't mean to disappear this week, it just happened that way.  After I finished putting together Ryan's baby book on Sunday, I immediately started work on one for my future nephew.  I need to get through it pretty quickly (he's expected early to mid February) so I may be a little sparse with posting here for a bit.

In the meantime, how about a card with a limited edition stamp set?


The set is called New Year Celebrations and it's in the Japanese catalog, available here just until the end of the year.  Since I avidly collect Oriental stamp sets I had to get it :)  I'm a little surprised I haven't seen anyone else use it.  Or if I do, I don't remember...I've been pretty tired lately so it's possible.

My card was inspired by this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I turned the sketch on its side, and added the Poppy Parade banner under my circular sentiment (it says Happy New Year in kanji) to mimic having a sentiment that would be vertical on my card.

I also used this week's Color Throwdown colors:



I used Bermuda Bay, Poppy Parade, and Smoky Slate.  Tempting Turquoise would have been a better match for the blue color, but I was just using current stuff so there you go.

Well, I've got three layouts done for nephew's baby book, and 14 more to go!  I'd better get crackin'.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  New Year Celebrations
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Poppy Parade, Smoky Slate, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Poppy Parade, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  circle punch, Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a fun card! Love the Japanese theme! Such great colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

I love seeing this new set in action! Pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you used the colors & sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!