Wednesday, June 9, 2021

A Cup of Cheer

Hey y'all, how do?  I thoroughly enjoyed my day off Monday, and fully intend to do the same today!  I mean yeah I have to work Saturday, but it's been SO NICE getting to play with paper and ink and I did finish up those scrapbook pages!!  I love how they turned out and I can't wait to start on some more.

Anywha, here is my card for today:

Tomorrow my husband is doing a going-away thing for his right-hand man, who is moving back to the States with his family, and the hubs asked me to get some kind of farewell gift for the guy's wife.  Well, the very first thing I want to do when I go back to the States after a long time overseas is to hit up Target! So instead of getting some kind of German souvenir that would only collect dust (plus they've been here longer than we have and I'm sure they got their own souvenirs before Corona shut everything down), I got her a Starbucks gift card and a Visa gift card to use at Target (only because they didn't have Target gift cards here).  So now as soon as Liz arrives in America, she can take her gift cards to get the beverage of her choice and have a nice wander around Target : )

Gift cards in hand, I sat down to make her card, and I saw the theme challenge at Global Design Project:


And it got my brain ticking.  The stamps I used are from an old Paper Pumpkin kit, aren't they cute?  I wish the greeting was a teensy bit smaller so it would actually fit in the cup though.  Anyway, a succulent in a teacup is for sure a teensy tiny garden, but probably the biggest one that I should be responsible for--it's a good thing they don't arrest you for accidentally killing houseplants, because I'd be in jail forever.  Hubs takes care of the orchids in our kitchen, which I adore but they would definitely die if I were responsible for them, so I tend to stick with flowers rendered in paper and ink.  Can't kill 'em, and they stay in bloom forever!

Have a superfantasticawesomelywonderful day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  My Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Mint Macaron, Shaded Spruce, Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blends
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Thick Basic White, Shaded Spruce DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes dies, Potted Succulents dies, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Super cute!! Love that DP with the little succulent!