Friday, June 4, 2021

Embossanova

Hey y'all, happy Friday!  Last night after kiddo went to bed, I had an idea for a card that I just HAD to get out on paper so I locked myself in my craft room for a bit and made this:



ALL THE COLORED EMBOSSING POWDER!!!  Stampin' Up! used to have a bunch of different colors of embossing powder.  I bought a lot of them and I'm pretty sure that before now I hadn't used Tempting Turquoise or Melon Mambo.  But I'm pretty tickled with how this turned out!

I had to have another go at this week's Color Throwdown:


The inspiration photo made me think of the shoes in Epic Celebrations, and like I said last time these colors just scream eighties to me so I leaned into that with my card.  Anyone else grow up in the '80s and have those weird background in your school photos that looked like lasers or something?  Just me?  Okay.  I wonder if I could dig that picture up...anyway, I used the Sanded background stamp with Tempting Turquoise EP to kinda mimic that feel and the bottom half of the ice cream punch gave me a great triangle shape for behind my sentiment stamp.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:

It was fun once again doing a deep dive in my retired products for this one.  And of course I can't think of the '80s without thinking of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, because my brother got the original movie on VHS for his birthday one year and watched it at least once a day over the entire Christmas break and I still have a lot of the dialog memorized.  I was trying to think of a title for this blog post last night and "Embossanova" popped in my head and really made me laugh so I have to share my word silliness with you :)

Have a great Friday!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Epic Celebrations, Really Retro, Sanded
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:  Melon Mambo EP, Tempting Turquoise EP, White EP, Window Frames dies, Word Window punch, Ice Cream punch, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great way to use those colors! I've got a bunch of old colorful SU embossing powders too but I never think to use them. So. Many. Things. In. My. Stash. These really make a bold statement on your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card! Those colours are fabulous and pop against black! Love the triangles as well! That background is just amazing! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the cool, modern feel of this design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS.

Linda Callahan said...

I love the sketchiness of this! great colors - fun card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Broni said...

This is such a cool card!!! You must be like me...buy all the things...organize them...rediscover them later and be like "Yay! I'm glad I saved this!" Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!