Sunday, June 20, 2021

Aloha Flowers

Mornin' y'all!  What with Friday's unexpected "day off" (which meant my kid couldn't go to daycare, so pretty much effectively took AWAY my day off) I didn't get in my craft room at all that whole day, which makes me grumpy because there was a bunch of challenges I wanted to play along with.  I did sneak a bit of time in my room yesterday though, enough to put together a card for two of my favorite challenges at least.  So here 'tis:


If I'd had a bit more time, I think I would have used my blending brushes to add a bit more color to t he flowers and leaves.  I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Just now seeing that I should have moved the flower and sentiment down a bit to be more in line with the sketch.  Whoops.  And here's the Color Throwdown:


I interpreted the colors as Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Crumb Cake, and Polished Pink.  Remember I thought we did NOT need another pink when I first saw Polished Pink as part of the new In Colors, and now any time I have an excuse to use it, I totally do :D  I added a healthy dose of Early Espresso as well.

Got any plans for Father's Day?  We spent time yesterday at the Technik Museum, where they have a whole bunch of cars and planes to look at.  This morning I'll be making waffles per the hubs' request, and I think we're doing slow cooker pulled pork for dinner tonight.  We ought to start picking cherries off the tree in our yard, too...oh, I should look up cherry recipes!  Hope y'all have a good day.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Timeless Tropical, Stacked Stone
Ink:  Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Crumb Cake, Polished Pink
Paper:  Early Espresso, Granny Apple Green, Crumb Cake, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  In the Tropics dies, Dimensionals, rhinestone

4 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card Christy! Love those flowers! Reminds me of our trip to Hawaii and how much I want to go back! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lori said...

This is so pretty! Love the beautiful blooms that you used as your focal image. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Jen Timko said...

Glad you were able to sneak a little time in for crafting. This is such a pretty pop against the neutral. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

I love these giant blooms and the Hawaiian theme! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made sketches this week!