Friday, June 25, 2021

Freesia Petals

Happy Friday, y'all!  I'm on my third cup of tea, it's overcast and pleasantly cool outside, and I have today off to do laundry (woo) and work in my craft room!  First project:  make a birthday card for my SIL!

Oh yeah, me and Fresh Freesia are going to be friends.  I loved it in this week's Global Design Project color challenge:


Oh yeah, green and purple is one of my all-time favorite color combos, love these colors together!  I paired them with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I did add a bit to the sketch, but I think it's still obvious that the sketch was my starting point, right?  I spritzed a piece of watercolor paper with water, then inked up an acrylic block and used it like a stamp.  I did have to sponge some of the ink off the block though, the first attempt looked very dark and blotchy but sponging up some ink before stamping it seemed to solve that problem nicely.  Then I just let it dry before I stamped the floral outline on top.  I dug some old Blackberry Bliss stitched satin ribbon out of the depths of my stash (I quit buying ribbon because I just don't use a lot of it and let's be honest, storage space is becoming an issue and my craft room is not tiny) as an accent behind my sentiment, and then busted out some opal rounds for embellishments.  I wish the opal rounds had a lower profile; I don't think they'd go through the mail with regular postage, but this card is going in a package so that wasn't a concern.  Most of the time I DO like to make my cards easily mailable though.

Okay, I've got three more hours until I have to pick up the kiddo.  I'm going to go USE it!  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hand-Penned Petals, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Fresh Freesia, Pear Pizzazz, Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Fresh Freesia, Blackberry Bliss, Thick Basic White, watercolor paper
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Tasteful Labels dies, Dimensionals, retired Blackberry Bliss ribbon, Opal Rounds

2 comments:

Kim S said...

I love the way you created that background - it's gorgeous with the flowers! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Karren said...

Beautiful background and gorgeous floral image! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.