Tuesday, June 22, 2021

SUO Challenges: The Initial Idea

Salutations and greetings, stampy friends!  It is time once more for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


I came up with the idea for this week's challenge and I'm a bit nervous about it...the idea is to use your initial, not necessarily to create a card with your initial on it (though several of the design team did just that), but to choose your card elements based on what your initial is.  For example, Brenda might make a birthday card with Bermuda Bay and Bumblebee for her colors.  So here's what I made:


The inside of my card continues the sentiment:  And be awesome!  With a C for my first initial, I could have done a Christmas card or a cactus card (you know how I love my Flowering Cactus product medley), but I decided to go with COOKIES (chocolate chip cookies, even) and I used Coastal Cabana and Cinnamon Cider for my colors.  For one more C, I CASEd this card by Julie Dimatteo.  I love how she used one piece of DSP and showcased both sides!  My Coastal Cabana DSP is retired, but this idea would be super easy to use with ANY piece of double-sided patterned paper.

Hope the concept of the challenge doesn't scare you.  Please link up your card at the SUO Challenges blog!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nothing's Better Than
Ink: Cinnamon Cider, Early Espresso
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Cinnamon Cider, Coastal Cabana DSP
Accessories:  Love You More Than dies, Wink of Stella

No comments: