Thursday, June 24, 2021

Butterfly Calypso

Thank goodness for a couple challenges that stay open longer than a week!  I had my eye on a sketch challenge and a color challenge last week and I thought I wouldn't get to play along, but I stole some time in my craft room on Sunday.  Good thing, too, because I've worked every day this week...but I have tomorrow off, so long as no more eleventh hour presidential orders come out :p  Anyway, today I have butterflies.


This is actually my second attempt at this card; the first one just wasn't doing it for me and I had to give it a second go because I liked the challenges so much.  I moved around what colors went where and I like this version better.  Here's the original:


I thought the white card base would make the card feel light and airy, and it just didn't work as well for me.  I also changed up what stamp I used on the Just Jade strip.

Check out the Hand-Stamped Sentiments color challenge:


I love me some Just Jade so I'm glad I got to play along with this challenge.  I paired it with the Try Stamping on Tuesday sketch:


I love the Butterfly Brilliance bundle, but since the stamp set is one big stamp with six butterflies, I now have quite a pile of extras sitting on my bookshelf.  They'll get used eventually I suppose.

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Brilliance, Sweet Strawberry
Ink:  Bumblebee, Calypso Coral, Just Jade
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Just Jade, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Brilliant Wings dies, Ornate Frames dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Heather said...

Ah, how cool to see both versions, Christy! I think I like the first one better, too - love those stems behind your butterflies! Love seeing process, too - it's like I'm peeking, lol! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

Donna Scholz said...

I agree with you and Heather, Christy. Your second card version just seemed to grab me with its bright colors! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

Jenny Engelke said...

What a super combo of these two challenges! The Calypso Coral butterflies are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Creations in paper said...

Great clean & simple card! I love the changes you made on the second card. Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!
Robbie