Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Birthday Cactus

Hey hey hey!  I made a card on Monday, intending to share it yesterday, but then I woke up an hour late and had to hurry to get to work on time so it didn't happen yesterday.  So I'm sharing today!  I pulled out my favorite Flowering Cactus stamp set again for today's card:


And I'm entering this in two challenges.  First up is the color challenge from the Paper Players:


Love those fun colors together!  I like how the black grounds the super bright colors.  I paired that with the Global Design Project Case the Designer challenge:


I kept the layout basically the same for my card, but I pretty much flip-flopped which elements were in color and which were in black and white.  I had a scrap of old Basic Black DSP that had the words on one side, so I used that as the strip on the left of my card because I liked how it mimicked the white-on-black sentiment panel on the inspo card.  I did line the inside of the card with some Basic White cardstock and stamped another cactus in there, but I didn't take a picture of it and this card is already sealed up and ready to go to my beautiful friend Sarah for her birthday :)

Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flowering Cactus
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Thick Basic White, Basic Black DSP scrap
Accessories:  Flowering Cactus dies, Ornate Frames dies, Dimensionals, gold enamel dots

2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christi, I just love this! I am a huge cactus fan and this one just pops off the BB Background! Such a lovely sentiment, too! So happy you joined my color challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

What a fabulous use of the colors, CHristi. I love the bold aspect of the cactus and side panel with the softness of the filigree frame for your sentiment. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee