Thursday, March 9, 2023

Hippity Hoppity

Well, someone has put a curse on our house; all three of us are sick to one degree or another.  Ryan hasn't been to school all week, I've called in sick to work two days, the hubs is sick but had to go on a business trip anyway.  The doctors keep telling us it's just a cold, but man, this one just won't give up!

But today I managed to get in my craft room for a little bit while Ryan was watching cartoons and I made this:


Easter Bunny is one of my newer acquisitions that hadn't been used yet, so I'd better hurry up before Easter is over for this year.  (I got it because I have some Easter pics from last year and this will be perfect when I do those scrapbook pages.) (I also did another SU! order for today, but for once, it had zero stamps on it.  All cardstock, mostly 12x12 because as soon as I can sit up for longer than an hour without the room spinning, I will be back to scrapbooking.)

And of course Easter Bunny is perfect for the challenge at the Paper Players:


And I thought the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge this time around is a great collection of Easter colors:



And the Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch is nice and CAS too:


So the only two things that took a bit of time for my card were fussy cutting the rabbit's flower garland and trying different things to change the shape at the top of the Daffodil Delight DSP.  I ended up going with one of the Basic Borders dies and it kinda sorta looks like a house so I'm going with it.

Hope Ryan has picked a cartoon that I like because I'm going to go lay on the couch for a while.  Cheers, and stay healthy y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Easter Bunny
Ink:  Soft Suede, Highland Heather, Stampin' Blends in Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight, Parakeet Party, Crumb Cake, Polished Pink
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Daffodil Delight & Parakeet Party DSP
Accessories:  Easter Bunny punch, Stitched Rectangles dies, Basic Borders dies, Dimensionals

11 comments:

Tammy said...

First of all--I sure hope you and your family are feeling better soon!!

Second--your card is perfect! Love the simplicity of it--really highlights that super cute bunny!!

Thanks for sharing at CC&S!!

Suzanne said...

Christy, I feel for you. I have been sick this week too- a horrible sinus infection. Hope you are all well soon. Your card is adorable. The bunny and colors say spring and Easter. So glad you could join The Paper Players challenge this week.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So sorry to hear you are still under the weather Christy - this bug has got you good and proper! Your sweet bunny with flower garland is just lovely (I'm now wondering why I didn't think of that for the CC&S colour combo too!!) Rest up and sending you hugs and get well wishes. Thanks for playing with my Easter theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week and at CC&S too!

Lucy said...

What an adorable card made using the current CC&S challenge colours! I love how you've used tone-on-tone patterned paper for the background that your cute bunny is sitting on. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CC&S :)

Stampin Expressions said...

Really cute card and I love the way you used the 2 different sides of the dsp! The bunny is such a cute addition. Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh this is super cute! Brilliant choices to call in the sketch, and my fave ever take with the new bunny! Just darling! Feel better, all three of you! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love this layout and your little bunny is perfect! I agree with Heather, this is my favorite card made using the bunny! So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
hugs
jaydee

Michal said...

So adorable!! Love that bunny!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&S!

Creating with Susan said...

LOVE this!! So cute!!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Such a sweet card. Love how you created a "Bunny House" for that adorable rabbit. Great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at HSS this round. Cheees, Jolanda - DT

YoonYoung Kim said...

What a cute bunny!!! Love this cute Easter card. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.