Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Miraculous Ladybug!

Hey y'all!  I have a happy little card to share today.  But first, a side tangent:  my kid has been binge-watching Miraculous:  The Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir for a while (I think he's watched it all the way through two or three times) and if my SIL doesn't know about it, then she will after I send her today's card.


My SIL decorated my niece's nursery with ladybugs so now I think of them every time I see anything ladybug-related.  And also I like the cartoon, too; it's a fun watch if you have access to Disney Plus.  I used this week's Paper Players sketch:


My problem with this sketch was narrowing down all my ideas for what to do with it, but finally I decided I just needed to make a ladybug card today.  I started by thumbing through the Flowers & More DSP from the Occasions catalog (I love this paper!  I've used it on several scrapbook layouts already and other cards too, lots of bold patterns and fun bright colors and you need it in your stash) and chose this fun abstract background.  I chose Polished Pink, Parakeet Party, and Blackberry Bliss from the colors on the paper and used that for my ladybug and her leaf (yeah, she's not black, she's dark dark purple).  I didn't get the spots lined up quite right this time but I decided that on this card I liked the effect so I kept it that way, and added some Wink of Stella to them and a few Opal Rounds for more sparkle.  Time to spread awareness of Ladybug and Cat Noir : )

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hello Ladybug
Ink:  Polished Pink, Blackberry Bliss, Parakeet Party
Paper:  Polished Pink, Thick Basic White, Flowers & More DSP, Vellum
Accessories:  Ladybug builder punch, Stylish Shapes dies, In Color Opal Rounds, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love your big, bold ladybug. I also love how you separated her from the background with the vellum layer. The sequins are the perfect finishing touch. So glad you shared this beauty with us at The Paper Players this week
jaydee

Suzanne said...

Christy, What a great card. It makes me long for summer. That lady bug looks great against the fun patterned paper. Thanks for participating in The Paper Papers challenge this week. Suzy

Anne Marie Hile said...

Christy, this is too cute! That paper is so perfect with that sweet ladybug. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!