Thursday, March 16, 2023

Triple Decker Sweet Life

Mornin' y'all, how's your day going?  I have another card to share that I made this past Tuesday:


Yay for using Share a Milkshake again!  I thought it would be a good fit for the super summery Paper Players color challenge:


And I happened to have a polka-dotty scrap of retired Granny Apple Green DSP in my drawer, so hooray for using up a scrap too (don't forget our current challenge at SUO Challenges!)

I was happy to see that this week's sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday had a nice big panel for my triple decker Dole Whip:

Ever had a Dole Whip at Disneyland?  It's kinda like pineapple-flavored soft serve ice cream.  Anywha, I was a bit more liberal with my take on the sketch this time, I used the sentiment panel in place of the three stars and instead of putting more accents at the top, I scattered some glitter enamel dots on the main DSP panel.  But I think you can see that the sketch was my jumping off point.

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Share a Milkshake
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Tahitian Tide, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Tahitian Tide, Thick Basic White, Granny Apple Green DSP
Accessories:  Share a Milkshake dies, Timeless Labels dies, Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Your treat is delightful! Love the polka dots and those fun little sparkly bits! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week at the Players!

Alyson Mayo said...

Aww - this is super cute! Love the dotted paper to go along with the dots on the milkshake. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Polly said...

Such a fun card and love all the bright colors! Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, yum, yum! Love the happy colors you chose for your card!! I've never had one of the Dole Whips, but seen recipes for them online. I'll have to create one this summer as a surprise dessert after a patio dinner. Thank you for joining us again at TSOT, and sharing your delicious card!!! -Donna

kramer_buffy said...

OMG, what a darling card, love the bright colors and that image is darling indeed!

Thanks so much for joining us at TSOT,
== Dalis
http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

Dena J said...

Fantastic color and fun! Perfect for the sketch. Thank you so much for joining in the challenge at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.