Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Wisteria & Bluebonnets

Hey y'all, how's your week going so far?  I didn't get as much done in my craft room as I wanted to yesterday (do I ever?), but I've got most of the day today until Ryan gets off the bus so it's a new day to tackle my goals.  I did make two cards yesterday though:


I was inspired by the Paper Players challenge and one card just wasn't enough : )


I made the wisteria card first:


I was inspired by the Just Add Ink challenge to pull out my Wisteria Wishes set, take a look:


Add black and these are prime Halloween colors, but I toned them down a bit and made them more summery.  Yeah wisteria blooms in late spring/early summer, so I had to have another go for a more springtime flower:


Bluebonnets!  I have lots of friends and family in Texas, and I've already started seeing some bluebonnet photos pop up on Facebook.  I need to play with this stamp set some more, it's so pretty!  And I do love how you can do the flowers in either direction.  Think I need to try some Indian paintbrushes next time.

Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, wisteria card:
Stamps:  Wisteria Wishes, Biggest Wish
Ink:  Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, Gray Granite
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Wisteria dies, Layering Circles dies (to make a mask), Mini Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

Supplies, bluebonnet card:
Stamps:  Wisteria Wishes, Biggest Wish
Ink:  Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel, Pear Pizzazz, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Wisteria dies, Mini Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Two absolutely gorgeous clean and simple cards, Christy! The sponged circle is the perfect backdrop for the lovely wisteria. Flipping the image really changes the look on the second card, which is clean and simple perfection. Thank you for playing in my challenge this week at The Paper Players!

CCsMom said...

Love this! And wisteria is currently blooming in Texas. Haven’t seen bluebonnets up here yet — saw them in Houston a few weeks ago. I need to go hunt.

Tina said...

Your wisteria card is gorgeous - these are the perfect colours for the images. Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love both of these Christy - two CAS masterpieces that demonstrate great versatility for this stamp set. Thanks for playing our CAS spring flower challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

I love wisteria and this card is gorgeous! The bluebonnets are perfect, too! CAS perfection and such happy cards!!!!! I love them both! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!