Friday, March 3, 2023

Party Llama

Hey y'all, congratulations we made it to Friday!  That calls for a fiesta : )  (and a siesta afterwards, because who am I kidding I always need more sleep).


Yep, we're bringing back another retired stamp set for today, Birthday Fiesta!  I kind of totally adore it.  Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I realized that three of these colors are in the Butterfly Kisses DSP stack, so I used that for my patterned paper.  The colors I used are Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, Balmy Blue, and Starry Sky.  Can't see the Balmy Blue?  It ended up being just a squee bit of shading on the llama with the lighter Balmy Blue Blend.  Doesn't show up a lot, but it's there!  Also I painted over "fiesta" with the Wink of Stella pen so it's got a little shimmer to it IRL.

Need to throw myself a fiesta because I have been scrappin' up a storm this week despite *still* being under the weather.  I think I'm at a dozen pages done since this Monday, woohoo!  Trying to get as much done as I can before we pack up all our stuff to move this summer, since I know it'll likely be at least two months that I won't get to paper craft at all.  Better enjoy it while I can!  And I am, I've been very pleased with the pages I've been making.  Now I just need an overcast day so I can take pictures of the completed layouts...

Have a great weekend and stay healthy, yo.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Birthday Fiesta
Ink:  Starry Sky, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Thick Basic White, Butterfly Kisses DSP Stack
Accessories:  Fiesta Time dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Artistry Blooms sequins, Wink of Stella

2 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

This card is fantastic!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!! The colors, the mix of patterns, the fun images and sentiment----so awesome!!!

Broni said...

What a great stamp set that is! And your card is just too cute! Thanks so much for playing along this week at the Color Throwdown!