Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Sympathy Ginkgo

Mornin' folks, how's your Wednesday going?  I'm actually excited to go to work today--I got an art print for a friend, and I'm picking out the frame for it today.  Very excited to see how it will look when it's done because I know my friend is gonna be thrilled!

I did spend some time in my craft room yesterday and *finally* took pictures of a mountain of scrapbook pages--TWENTY-TWO layouts!  I always have to wait for a day that's overcast but not rainy or windy to take pictures, and luckily I hit that yesterday.

And then I made a couple of cards, including the one for today.


Okay, I've had Ginkgo Branch for a while but hadn't made anything with it until yesterday.  Believe it or not the color variation on the flowers (and I have no idea what color real life ginkgo flowers are) was an accident--I hadn't cleaned my stamp off well enough for that tall stem in the middle and it ended up darker.  And then the shortest ones just kinda stamped weird when I inked them up with a marker.

Anyway, I love this soft and pretty color combination from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


Isn't that just delightful?  I need to stock up on Fresh Freesia, I do love that color.  Anyway, I paired that with the CAS Colours & Sketches sketch:


I thought the thin stems in the Ginkgo Branch stamp set would be a good stand-in for the striped element on the sketch, and I added a blended rectangle so I could incorporate the blue too.  I decided on the sympathy sentiment because I don't *need* a sympathy card right now, and I hate making them when I actually do need them, so it's good to have a few in the ol' card stash.  I used a few white Milky Dots and some Wink of Stella for accents.

Still waiting for spring to, ya know, spring here...we've got the teeny daffodils but no tulips yet.  I look at the blumen field every time I drive past...maybe a few more weeks?  In the meantime, I can enjoy paper flowers.  Those ones at least I can't kill!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Ginkgo Branch
Ink:  Fresh Freesia, Pear Pizzazz, Balmy Blue
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Milky Dots, Stitched Rectangles dies (to make a mask)

8 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful and sweet, Christy - love this in our colors, and such a gorgeous layout! I have to try these stamps in different colors now! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Rachel D said...

This is so soft and pretty, Christy. Love how you interpreted our sketch too! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

Tammy said...

So pretty, Christy!! But, all your cards are!! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

Stampin Expressions said...

The way that you used the color combo is great! I love the color variation! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

How soft and pretty. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at HSS. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

brrenwick said...

I love how you combined the two challenges! Such a fun card. Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

YoonYoung Kim said...

Great take on the sketch!! Love this sweet colors. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a pretty card! I love so much how soft the colors are. Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S this fortnight.