Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Christmas Rhino

Morning, y'all!  How's it going this morning?  Ryan is being a Very Angry Elf today, not sure why that is as he went to bed on time last night.

Anyway, I spent some time coloring in my craft room yesterday and here's my card:


This is the maiden voyage for Festive & Fun, you know I can't resist the critter stamps : )  I started with the Paper Players challenge:


I was drawn to the colors in the upper left picture, especially that bright blue with the more traditional red and green, so that informed my coloring decisions.  And please ignore the spot on the lower left side of the card front, apparently one of my Blends was resting on it when I was coloring and I didn't notice it soon enough, but I'd already stuck down the back layers, so...it's staying like that.

Check out the latest Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch:


That big image panel I thought worked well for the rhino and his little birdy friends.  That's it for me today, I've got to go take the Very Angry Elf to school.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Festive & Fun
Ink:  Garden Green, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Sweet Sorbet, Shaded Spruce, Azure Afternoon, Pebbled Path, Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, Lemon Lolly
Paper:  Sweet Sorbet, Thick Basic White, Sweetest Christmas DSP, Garden Green DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, In Color Baker's Twine

7 comments:

Jaydee said...

Christy, this is such a fun set and you showcased it beautifully. I love how you mixed the DSPs, too. The red and white twine is the perfect way to anchor or sentiment and ties in beautifully with the vertical striped paper. So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Suzanne said...

Christy, Such a fun card and is sure to make someone smile. I love this set. The colors you used are terrific. Thanks for taking part in The Paper Players Challenge.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun and festive card, Christy. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, what a fun Christmas card you've created! Your coloring of the image is so well done,,, and that light blue edging on the image makes it look 3D (I had to enlarge it to see how you created the look!). Thank you so much for sharing your card and creativity with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Polly said...

Adorable Christmas Card! Great coloring on the image! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! :)

Dena J said...

So cute Christy! Love the colorful sled. Thank you for joining the challenge at TSOT.

Melanie R said...

Very cute, Christy! Great sketch interpretation, too. Thank you for joining the challenge gun at TSOT #636. - Melanie R.