Thursday, December 14, 2023

Wonder & Cheer

Mornin' y'all!  Ryan is happy that he gets to wear jammies to school today, and they're watching The Polar Express so he gets to bring in a blanket and a pillow too.  Hmm, maybe I should get cozy on the couch and watch a Christmas movie while he's at school :)

Or maybe I'll spend some more time in my craft room.  Check out today's new card:


Okay y'all, I'm not really one to do a lot of different techniques and things like this card are the reason why.  The background is done with Stampin' Blends and 91% isopropyl alcohol, Ruth made it look easy when she described how to do it but it took me at least 4 tries and a full sheet of vellum to get this and really I gave up rather than keep experimenting because I only had a little bit of time before I had to go pick Ryan up from school.  I did do another technique on the green die cut trees though, I scrunched up a piece of plastic wrap from my kitchen, dabbed it on my ink pad, and then tapped it on the tree die cuts.  Gave them a nice texture that I think complements the style of the stamped trees.

So here is this week's excellent Freshly Made Sketch:


And here is the Color Throwdown:


I used Cucumber Crush (retired), Rich Razzleberry (also retired), Starry Sky (retiring next summer), and gold foil.  Part of my problem with the Blends background was that the Starry Sky kept overpowering the Rich Razzleberry, maybe I should have tried it with Blackberry Bliss instead.

So that's it for me today.  Ryan has his first taekwondo belt test this afternoon, I hope he does well for that.  And then we're going out for dinner at a hibachi restaurant per his request.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Above It All
Ink:  Cucumber Crush, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in Starry Sky and Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Starry Sky, Vellum, Starry Sky DSP, gold foil
Accessories:  Above It All dies, Timeless Labels dies, gold EP, Wonderful Gems, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card Christy! I love the trees and that background you've created is so pretty! The gold embossing is so elegant as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Broni said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I love that you used brighter hues of all the colors!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week and all year long at the Color Throwdown!

Jacquie Southas said...

What fun techniques went into this design! I especially love the texture and depth of color added to the trees! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches and Happy New Year, Christy!

Linda Callahan said...

Elegant holiday card! Love the trees and gold embossing! Glad you joined us at FMS! Happy New Year~