Tuesday, December 5, 2023

SUO Challenges: Get Into the Christmas Spirit

Hey hey, happy Tuesday!  Are you ready for a new challenge from SUO Challenges?


This will be our last challenge of the year and our theme will probably come as no surprise, it's all about Christmas!


I know several other challenge blogs are running with the same theme right now, but there's no rush on ours as it will run for the next four weeks.  So maybe I'll be able to use all the Christmas stamp sets that I bought from the holiday mini before they retire!  (As a Christmas present to me, I did my preorder this morning for the new mini catalog that goes live in January!)


I've used Merry & Bright a couple of times already, but this was the first time I got out the coordinating Merry Bold & Bright DSP, and I had to try out the Melon Mambo foil sheets too.  Not gonna lie, it took me a couple of tries to get the bulb looking how I wanted it!  I don't have any of the adhesive sheets, so I was using Tombow adhesive to glue the filament on, and yeah it was a challenge to not have extra glue squidging out from under there.  I think I need to invest in some of those adhesive sheets.  Anyway, I kept the card pretty simple because who has time for elaborate cards when the holidays are rushing toward us like a runaway freight train?  The only stamping is the sentiment, which I then cut out with the Stylish Shapes dies.  I chose Lemon Lime Twist and Shaded Spruce from the DSP to go with my Melon Mambo light bulb.

Your turn!  Make a Christmas card (or maybe more than one?!) with all SU! products and upload it over on the SUO Challenges blog.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Merry & Bright
Ink:  Shaded Spruce
Paper:  Lemon Lime Twist, Shaded Spruce, Melon Mambo, Thick Basic White, Merry Bold & Bright DSP, Melon Mambo foil
Accessories:  Merry & Bright dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

No comments: