Friday, December 15, 2023

Christmas Sweets

Mornin' y'all!  Well, my craft room time is going on hiatus today, Ryan has early release at school and I have to figure out how to entertain him until he goes back to school after the new year.  I think maybe we'll go to the Fort Worth Zoo one day...we went in the summer with his grandparents, but we only saw like half of it.  Hmm.

Anyway, I busted out some retired paper and stamps (okay, one stamp) for today's card:


Here is the Sunday Stamps sketch that I started with:


Though I admit I strayed from the sketch a bit once my card decided that it needed to have a tag.  Check out the Festive Friday challenge too:


From the list, I used white, brown (two actually, Early Espresso and Crumb Cake), red, embossing, gingerbread, and candy canes.  Not too shabby.  What's funny is that I have *another* DSP that I could have easily used for this challenge, so maybe I should make a second card.  Guess we'll see how much I can accomplish in my craft room before Hurricane Ryan starts his winter break.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Snowflake Sentiments
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Real Red, Candy Cane Lane DSP
Accessories:  White EP, Merriest Trees dies (tag), Stitched Rectangles dies, Real Red taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Tanya said...

Happy and fun!
I shared that same DP pack on Weds, haha, tho it was made months ago. And lucky you to have him out before Christmas. :) We don't get out til next week and then we're out half of January! I hope it snows so there's something to do!

Melissa Grant said...

Christy this card is so fun and festive! That DSP is great and the tag design works wonderfully for the sketch! Thanks for joining us this round at SUNDAY Stamps!

dj said...

Yummy and festive....love those cut out "cookies"!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "Be Bold" sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC324

Beth McCullough said...

What a darling quick and easy Christmas card, Christy! The two different coordinating papers look awesome together. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge! :)

Diane Evans said...


Congratulations,! Your fabulous creation was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner’s badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!

Diane Evans said...


Congratulations,! Your fabulous creation was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner’s badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!