Monday, December 11, 2023

Season's Greetings 2021

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Ryan was at his grandparents' house for the weekend, so I went to a craft fair on Saturday morning at my high school alma mater with my mom, SIL, niblings, and my friend Missy.  Then I spent some time in my craft room with my BRAND NEW Occasions catalog preorder :) and spent several hours on Saturday evening addressing my Christmas cards.  Those are going out today!

Since we moved last summer, I kind of expect not to get as many cards this year, but one of my favorite things to do every year is to gather up the photo cards I get (plus an extra one of ours) and make collage layouts.  Like these ones from 2021:


First I put the cards down where I want them, and if the card has something on the back I use those photo corners so that I can take the card out later if I want to.  Then I choose a DSP pack from that year and fill in the spaces around the photo cards.  This time around, I used the Penguin Playmates DSP, which is one of my all-time favorites and I got a LOT of it during Sale-a-Bration that year.  I love the adorable little animals on some of the patterns, so I went to town fussy cutting the characters and adding them to my color block pieces.


Really I might have gone a little overboard but they're just so cute!  I even used some of the polar bears that was going off the edge of a page, look at the one in the center of my left page here and on the far right.  I haven't decided what paper I might use for this year's color block, I have both of the bear-centric packs plus Merry Bold & Bright, which sold out a while back.  I haven't done the 2022 color block yet so maybe in January after Ryan starts the new semester at school, I'll do this year and last year's color blocks.  This is also a really fun thing to do with the 6x6 DSP stacks, which a lot of times I *don't* use on my scrapbook pages because I like to do long strips that span the 12-inch page.  But with this idea, I just need little pieces.


Today's color palette comes straight from the DSP:  Just Jade, Soft Sea Foam, Fresh Freesia, and Misty Moonlight.  Just Jade is now retired, but Fresh Freesia and Misty Moonlight are now on the regular color lineup.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Penguin Place, Back to Basics Alphabet
Ink:  Just Jade, Fresh Freesia, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Just Jade, Thick Basic White, Penguin Playmates DSP
Accessories:  Tasteful Labels dies

No comments: