Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Winter Fox

Mornin' y'all!  Well, it's morning here for 32 more minutes anyway.  I had to wait for the sun to come up to take a picture of one of my cards today so I'm a bit later than usual with today's post.  But here we go!


Okay, y'all, I was doing such a good job of resisting the One Horse Open Sleigh DSP Stack but I kept seeing this fox all over and wouldn't you know my resistance crumbled and this paper magically appeared at my house yesterday.  I wasted no time in diving into it with this week's sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


And I figure my winter fox counts for the new challenge from Cupcake Inspirations too:


I used just two sheets of these papers, the Misty Moonlight dot is the reverse of the trees that are on the right side of my card.  I still had a big piece of the fox paper though so I did this:


Simple die cut, add a sentiment and a few Tinsel Gems and side note, I love those Tinsel Gems, I got both packs.  Anyway, I had a little strip of the dots left too so this card was made from the scraps of the first one.  And the DSP is 100% doing the work on both of the cards, the only stamping is the greeting on each card (and on the inside of the fox card, where it says I love you).

That's it for me today.  I kinda took some time off from scrapbooking last week when I couldn't seem to get focused on anything, but I did jump back in on that yesterday so I have two Christmas layouts in the works.  Trying to do all my paper crafting now since it'll be harder for me to get craft room time once Ryan is on winter break starting midday Friday.  Cheers!

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  Softly Sketched
Ink:  Pebbled Path
Paper:  Pebbled Path, Mossy Meadow, One Horse Open Sleigh DSP Stack
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, Brushed Metallic Dots in copper

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  Above It All
Ink:  Pebbled Path
Paper:  Pebbled Path, One Horse Open Sleigh DSP Stack
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, Tinsel Gems

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I already fell in love with that DP and miiight be hoarding it... but your cards are gorgeous! I love the trees with that fox!

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, I can see why you couldn't resist that adorable fox! I fell victim to the paper, although I haven't used it yet. I like the way the reverse side goes so well with the tree pattern... it's the perfect background to the fox running through the snowy woods!! Thank you so much for sharing your card an talents once again with us at TSOT!!! -Donna

Dena J said...

That fox is magical, the papers gorgeous, and you have used them brilliantly Christy! Perfect wintry feel and the card base color spot on. Thank you so much for joining the TSOT challenge.

Nora Noll said...

You are able to use these beautiful papers like nobodies business!! I LOVE the way you layered them. That fox is so sweet! Thank you for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Sasha said...

Beautiful layout. Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a Happy New Year!

Sasha DT Member/CIC