Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Polar Wishes

Today is going to be a long day, y'all.  Ryan wasn't feeling good after school yesterday and on into the night (nothing serious, just tummy trouble) and I didn't get much sleep last night.  I did send him to school this morning but we'll see if I get a call to come get him early.

In the meantime, I did make a card to share today:


So let's check out this week's Global Design Project challenge:


Which I paired with the Paper Players color challenge:


And this really was a challenge for me.  Do you ever have two colors that you just do NOT like together?  My mom hates navy blue and black together (my dad likes to put on a navy blue shirt and black shorts just to mess with her and she always comments) and I have a couple of combinations that I just don't like.  Brown and gray.  Hot pink and red.  Now, Flirty Flamingo and Real Red?  Okay, sometimes, but still not my favorite.  I just like more contrast between the colors so Melon Mambo + Real Red = NO for me.  But I tried!  The card base and the scarf stamped images are Melon Mambo, while the big Merry and smaller snowflakes are Real Red.

I think I need a nap.  Cheers, y'all.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beary Cute, More Wishes
Ink:  Melon Mabo, Tahitian Tide, Real Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Basic Black, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  White Glitter Sequins, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy Lynn, I love your sweet polar bear and the floating scarves and snowflakes. Such a fun layout! The bling adds so much detail, too! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Super fun and festive, Christy! Love how you used the colors. Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players!