Goooooood mornin' y'all and happy Friday! The weather is finally starting to cool down just the tiniest bit (I wore a sweatshirt outside last night and it was great) and I've started watching the spooky sweet movies. Already watched both Hocus Pocus movies and I watched the first half of Casper last night; tonight I need to watch Practical Magic because I'm going to see the sequel tomorrow.
And there's one more movie (well, series) that I am happy to watch at any time of year but it's especially good during spooky season...
OF COURSE I have Ghostbusters stamps! (But they're retired, so you can't get them, sorry.) Shopping Our Stash wants to see people, so I chose the Ghostbusters in all their ghostbusting gear. And I had to try out the sketch from Retro Rubber:
I made my first Ghostbusters card two years ago, I'm pretty sure I'd had the stamps for a while before that but in any case they count as retro. I really ought to make cards just as soon as I get a new stamp set so I know how long I've had it but let's not talk about the brand new stamps I bought last month that I haven't used yet and nobody tell my hubs, kay? Kay. Definitely don't mention the ones that I got in the mail on Wednesday or the ones I ordered on Thursday.
Anywha, I also have a Ghostbusters cross stitch that I did several years ago but I haven't ever done the words I wanted to add on it and I should get on that. I'm working on the Sanderson Sisters right now, Winifred and Sarah are done and I'm stitching Mary, then I need to do "It's just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!" underneath them and then the real trick is actually getting it framed. I have an entire stack of stitches that I've done and not gotten framed yet, including at least two very large full-coverage pieces. Maybe I should make that a goal for next year, get at least one piece framed every year.
Anyway, that's it for now. I will be making cookies for most of the day because the hubs asked me to make "some cookies" for the Cub Scouts event this weekend and of course I heard "We need thousands of cookies" so I made a double batch of chocolate chunk cookies and a batch of oatmeal white chocolate cranberry cookies yesterday; today it's double chocolate crinkles and lemon crinkles and then I need to deep-clean my kitchen this weekend. Cheers!
Supplies:
Stamps: Slime by The Ink Road, Ghoulish Grunge, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Ink: Versamark, River Rock
Paper: Basic Black, River Rock, Basic Beige
Accessories: Black EP, White EP, Dimensionals

4 comments:
Love it - you really do have the best stamp collection!
Who you gonna call....I love it!! Way to go shopping your stash for our Who's Who challenge!! Your image//sentiment fits our "person" theme over at Shopping Our Stash perfectly!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us.
Deb Horst, DT #SOS582
WOW! This is amazing, I love it, what a great set of stamps to have in your collection! They work so well with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire RR DT.
Ah the Ghostbusters! Love the card and the sentiments! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber!
Post a Comment