Monday, August 20, 2018

Yusupov Palace

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Hope your week is off to a good start.  I'm starting the week with a layout from the St. Petersburg part of our 2014 Baltic cruise:


See the original pics here.  Yusupov Palace is now perhaps most famous as being the site of the murder of Rasputin.  The conspirators poisoned him and he didn't die, then shot him and he still managed to run out of the house before being shot in the courtyard, and then they bundled him up in a rug and disposed of the body in the Neva River.  See the mannequins in the two far left pictures?  They're reenacting the crime!  (The poisoning part, not the bloodier shooting part.)


I did a two-toned title again, using sponge daubers to ink up the letters in Delightful Dijon and Early Espresso and only on a scrapbook page would dijon and espresso go together because as foods that would be ick.  Anyway, I wish I'd managed to grab another pack or two of the Moroccan DSP when it went on clearance, I love that paper so I'm trying not to hoard it by using it on some scrapbook pages.


Today's color palette:  Not Quite Navy, Delightful Dijon, So Saffron, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla.  And some fantastic patterned paper.

Well, I'm off to start my week right with a trip to the gym.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letterpress Alphabet, Rough Edges Alphabet, Moroccan Nights
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso
Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Delightful Dijon, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Moroccan DSP
Accessories:  Hexagon punch

No comments: