Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Inspired by Real Life

Friends, I have a slightly odd confession to make.  When I go running at the gym, I run around a track and since there's nothing else to do, I think about what I want to make for cards or scrapbook pages, my current stitching projects, and...I pay attention to what other people on the track are wearing.  Like, if I see a color combination that I like, when I finish my run I make a note of the colors on my phone.  I currently have 9 color combinations written on my phone, and today's card uses one I saw on Monday of this week.


(The inside says "Thanks for the smile and everything else.")  Say hello to Tranquil Tide, Pumpkin Pie, and Basic Black.  Thank you, lady who was walking around the track wearing these colors on Monday :)  That's not all though--you might be thinking that Tranquil Tide would be the more natural choice for the dragonfly color.  Au contraire, mon frere!  I was sitting in the Panera drive-through yesterday and there was a bright orange dragonfly who was apparently quite interested in my car.  And he was really, REALLY orange.

But what really sealed the deal for this card was this week's Fall-To Layout:


I immediately thought of that dragonfly die when I saw the circles on the right side of the sketch.  So then once Ryan went down for his nap, I had my sketch, colors, and dragonfly all picked out so this card came together in under 15 minutes.  It did take a couple of minutes to paint Wink of Stella on the dragonfly die cut.

I'm also entering this at Retro Rubber for their Anything Goes challenge:


I've had Dragonfly Dreams for a year and a half, so it counts as retro now :D

Here's hoping that I actually get to work out at the gym today.  The local schools started this week, and apparently all the mamas have decided that now is the time to start back at the gym and put their younger-than-school-age kiddos in the nursery at the Y.  So I got all dressed and ready to go yesterday, only to find that they were over capacity at the nursery so Ryan and I went to Target instead.  Much as I love Target, I woulda rather gotten to work out.  Wish me luck, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Dragonfly Dreams
Ink:  Versamark, Tranquil Tide
Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Tranquil Textures DSP
Accessories:  Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Wink of Stella, White EP

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

Ooo, that black really makes the other colors pop! Love the card. Very nice.

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, Christy, I think you are part of a huge group of crafters who walk around seeing the world in ink colors LOL! I can't imagine living any other way ;) Your card is absolutely wonderful! I love that dragonfly die and am ashamed to say that I don't know if I have ever used it. You have inspired me to get it out. Thank you for playing with our Anything Goes challenge at Retro Rubber and hope we see you back in the gallery soon.

LeAnne said...

LOL, I look at the people sitting in front of me at church to get my color/card inspirations!!! Love your simple dragonflies, they're very pretty! Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Well, that is a great way to look for color combinations and this one is definitely a winner.
Love this little dragonflies, they really stand out on your background.
Thank you for playing along at RETRO RUBBER, hope you join us next time.
Hugs.

Natasha said...

How perfect is that die with this sketch!! Love it!

creative lady said...

Love your clean and simple card. I love your sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!