Friday, August 3, 2018

Bold Butterfly Splat

Happy Friday, y'all!  I'm looking forward to the weekend.  How 'bout you?  And to start things off right, how 'bout a big bold bright butterfly?


Okay, I kinda love how the butterfly turned out--I stamped a splotch from Touches of Texture several times on a piece of white cardstock, then stamped the butterfly outline in black over it, and then cut it out.  I could wish that I'd gotten the colors to overlap a bit more, but I still like the effect.  What do you think?

Let's start off with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch:


I liked how Jen Mitchell on their design team used a script stamp for one of the layers, so that's why I wanted to use a background stamp on mine.  I chose Sheet Music just because I liked it :) I inked it up with a sponge to make it a bit softer than if I inked it with the ink pad normal-normal.

Next up is the inspiration photo at Just Add Ink:


I took my colors straight from the photo:  Flirty Flamingo, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, and Lovely Lipstick, plus some Basic Black to ground all those bright colors a bit.  And this image is what inspired me to do the stamped splotch coloring technique.  I could have used the flower from Beautiful Day, but I just used it earlier this week so I went with the butterfly instead.

That's it for me today, peeps.  Ryan and I will be heading to the gym so he can play in the nursery while I run two miles and do yoga.  I think we both win with that plan.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beautiful Day, Touches of Texture, Sheet Music
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, Lovely Lipstick, Basic Black
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Call Me Clover
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Metallic Sequins

6 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Fabulous take on the sketch!

CCsMom said...

Oh, I love this card. BEAUTIFUL! Everything about it!

Tanya said...

I LOVE the butterfly! It worked out great!

Chantell Randall said...

That's a great way to colour the Butterfly - everyone one would be unique. It's such a great image. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jan said...

This is so soft and pretty, Christy! I love how you’ve created your butterfly - the textures stamp makes the colouring so unique! And the sponged music image gives it a beautiful softness too. Thanks for sharing with us again at Just Add Ink this week.

KimB said...

I love the speckle pattern that using the texture stamp added Christy. You got a lovely transition of colour across your butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.