Thursday, August 9, 2018

Beach, Please

Mornin', y'all!  Wow, we had quite the storm last night--lots of lightning and high winds.  Fun to watch from our living room windows :)


So this is my first try at creating a scene with Waterfront.  The card base is Thick Whisper White; it turned kinda pink in the photo but I promise it's white on the bottom.  Anyway, like I said, this is my first attempt at creating a scene, so I think I need some practice.  But I think this is okay for a first try.  I added the "just breathe" sentiment from Colorful Seasons because I think we often need a reminder to breathe.  I resisted taking yoga classes for years and only started when we lived in Virginia, and then I liked them a whole lot more than I thought I would and I think it's because you spend so much time during the class just breathing and stretching.  And also doing crazy things like side planks and shoulder stands, but the teacher keeps reminding you to breathe while you turn into a pretzel ;). Anyway, "just breathe" seemed like an appropriate sentiment to go with my beach.

Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the challenge from Just Us Girls:


That's it for me today.  Have a great day, kids, and remember to breathe.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Waterfront, Colorful Seasons
Ink:  Pool Party, Flirty Flamingo, Mango Melody, Daffodil Delight, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Coastal Cabana
Accessories:  Metallic sequins

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

Beautiful. I think you did a fantastic job!!!

Maria said...

What a beautiful beach scene! I just love how you did this! Great job and thank so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely card for our challenge!! It's a beautiful scene! Thanks so much for playing along at JUGS!

Amy O said...

Aaahhhh! This is a lovely scene! And the sentiment is perfect for it. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is a lovely scene and so perfect for the sketch. So glad to see you this week at FMS!