Saturday, February 22, 2020

Ryan: Baby Sodapop

Happy Saturday!  I'm back with another layout from Ryan's baby book.  Since I was "advanced maternal age" (bite me,  Doc), and since I'd had two miscarriages, I had more detailed ultrasounds done than the norm.  So I included some of those in Ryan's book.


Baby Sodapop was Ryan's "code name" before he was born because we didn't tell anyone what we were planning to name him.  (In my opinion, the only two people who got input on what to name him were me and my hubs!)  I got the Bubbles & Fizz DSP during Sale-a-Bration a few years ago and it was *perfect* for this!  I fussy cut the bottles and bottle caps out of different sheets of the paper.

For the journaling in Ryan's book, I wrote it as letters from me to him, so it all starts "Dear Ryan" and ends "Love, Mama".  I used this layout to tell Ryan a little bit about what it was like to be pregnant with him.  I have lots of other ultrasound pics I can use for another layout for my regular chronological books.  On Ryan's book, I used Letters For You for all the page titles so the album has a cohesive feel.  That's a good way to make multiple layouts feel like they go together without having to stick to using the same colors on everything.


The ultrasounds are black and white, which meant I could do anything I wanted for a color combo!  Since I used the Bubbles & Fizz DSP, I just pulled colors directly out of it:  Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, and then Basic Black and Whisper White.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letters for You
Ink:  Basic Gray
Paper:  Lemon Lime Twist, Calypso Coral, Thick Whisper White, Bubbles & Fizz DSP
Accessories:  Large Letters dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Well Written dies