Tuesday, February 18, 2020

SUO Challenges Goes 3D

Hey y'all!  It's time for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This time around we're asking you to make a 3D item, which was definitely a challenge for me!  Using Stampin' Dimensionals is usually about as 3D as I get, haha.  I ended up browsing the tutorial library on Splitcoast Stampers to figure out what to make, and here's my finished paper lantern:


See the tutorial here.  There's an easy-to-follow printable template and instructions simple enough that even I could do it ;)  This is a teeny-tiny lantern; at first I wanted to use the kimono lady from Power of Hope, but she was a little too tall.


There's a battery-operated tealight inside; I used vellum for the cutouts on each side.  It does look nice when the tealight is on, but it was hard to photograph!


See, there you can tell the tealight is on but the colors are totally wonky on the DSP.  I used the Parisian Blossoms DSP for the lantern; it's sturdy enough for this particular 3D project.

Do 3d projects scare you the way they scare me?  Or am I the only one who finds this to be a big challenge?  Let's see what you got:  post your 3D project on the SUO Challenges blog!

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Parisian Beauty
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Petal Pink, Parisian Blossoms DSP, vellum
Accessories:  1 1/2" circle punch, Parisian dies

No comments: