Tuesday, February 4, 2020

SUO Challenges: Feelin' the LOVE

Good morning stampers!  It is time once more for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This time we are feelin' the LOVE--so make a love-themed card.  Bonus points if you use nontraditional colors for your Valentine :)  Or any kind of love card, really.  Here's mine:


I just got the Best Dressed DSP Stack and I think I've found my new favorite color combo:  Mint Macaron, Pretty Peacock, and Purple Posy.  Loooooove that striped pattern!  When I stamped the flower from Forever Lovely, the details didn't really stand out enough, so I went over the lines with a Purple Posy marker and I liked it better.  The oval looks ivory in the photo, but it's really Shimmery White cardstock for just a bit of shine, and a few Noble Peacock rhinestones to finish it off.  I wanted my layers to have some definition but didn't want to put mats on everything, so I dragged the edges of the cardstock on my Pretty Peacock ink pad so it's got a little outline.  You just have to be careful of getting ink all over your hands, I was lucky I didn't smudge any on my oval panel.

Head on over to the SUO Challenges blog and show us some love!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Forever Lovely
Ink:  Purple Posy, Mint Macaron, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Shimmery White, Best Dressed DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Dies, Lovely Flowers Dies, Dimensionals, Noble Peacock Rhinestones

No comments: