Thursday, February 6, 2020

Angel Feathers

Hey y'all!  How's your week going?  I've got two scrapbook layouts sitting on my table right now and all they lack to be finished is journaling.  I've been having fun working on scrapbook pages lately :) but I still made time yesterday to make a quick card.


I liked the stamp set Positive Thoughts in the Occasions Catalog, but I was resisting the urge to buy it UNTIL they came out with the matching dies and then yep, had to get it.  I needed some kind of encouragement/thinking of you card, and the sentiments in this set were just perfect so here's my first card with the stamp set.

I used the Cupcake Inspiration challenge for my colors:


Busted out some of that awesome Garden Lane DSP and used Garden Green and both Soft Suede and Early Espresso for the colors (one of the feathers is stamped off Early Espresso, everything else is Soft Suede).  I paired that with the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


A quick card, but I think it turned out very nicely.  Now I just need to actually send it off--I have several cards that need to go in the mail.  Just gotta do it!

Hope you have a great day today.  It's a stitching at the Y morning for me, love it!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Positive Thoughts
Ink:  Garden Green, Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Paper:  Garden Green, Soft Suede, Thick Whisper White, Garden Lane DSP
Accessories:  Nature's Thoughts Dies, corner rounder punch, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Lucille K said...

Love the card you created with this stamp set. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations :)

Wendy Bellino said...

Way to combine the challenges Christy! Thanks for sharing your design with us at Cupcake Inspirations! Wendy DT

Amy O said...

Such pretty paper and a beautiful sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

What pretty colors! I love that sentiment as well and the feathers are perfect for the sketch. So glad to see you this week at FMS!