Thursday, February 27, 2020

Birthday Koala

Mornin', y'all!  The sun is shining and I'm ready for a good day today, how about you?

Yesterday afternoon I busted out a new stamp set to make a quick birthday card, here it is:


Bonanza Buddies is so cute, amirite?  In addition to this koala, the stamp set has an adorable lion and toucan, plus presents, balloons, and assorted birthday sentiments.  The banner at the top is from the coordinating Bonanza dies, which I cut out of a scrap of Lily Impressions DSP to give them a bit of texture.  I used Lovely Lipstick embossing powder for the sentiment; it was in last year's catalog but I didn't get it until it went on the clearance rack.  It came in a package with four other colors of EP but this is the first one I've used.  I like it!

Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


I used Lovely Lipstick, Coastal Cabana/Bermuda Bay (they're both in the DSP banner), and Crumb Cake for my colors.  I love this palette and the inspiration picture, I kinda want to play with them again.

Time for us to get ready to go for the day.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bonanza Buddies
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Versamark
Paper:  Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Lily Impressions DSP, Birthday Bonanza DSP
Accessories:  Bonanza Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots, Dimensionals, Lovely Lipstick EP

4 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet birthday card! I just love that cute little koala and the embossed sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kim S said...

What a cute little guy! I love him with the red banners and sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Wanda Cullen said...

Adorable birthday card! So glad you were able to play along with us at CTD!

Cécile RIBON said...

This such a fun card! I love this sweet koala and the bright color scheme. The hot pink embossing looks fabulous over the black background. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.